Wednesday, October 20, 2010

S'Been a while...

Watch out...I'm going to be posting twice today! *Gasp!*

Since my last post, I have:
  • Scheduled my gallbladder surgery
  • Started a new class (practicum)
  • Pulled my hair out (Well, I wanted to!!) trying to find a place to get my observation and teaching hours
  • Found out about some really exciting potential opportunities, which i will have to wait to explain here until that works out (hopefully!!)
  • Started running and counting calories again
After deciding that I really wanted my mom to be able to take care of me after having my gallbladder out, I made an appointment with a general surgeon in Tallahassee that my parents know. He's really nice and answered all of my (and mostly Mom's) questions about the surgery and post-op. We scheduled my surgery for the Monday of Thanksgiving week.

My new class is called Reflective Teaching, and we're required to have 15 hours of observation and 5 hours of teaching in an ESL classroom context. This has been the most frustrating thing to orchestrate let me just tell you. The specifics weren't given to me by my school until 1 week before the start of my class. That makes it hard to find anything in that amount of time, especially in a small city!!! Anyway, though it has been a nightmare, and I had considered dropping the class because I had nowhere to get my hours, my teacher has been wonderful through it all. She's brand new to our program, never taught in it before. She's on the learning curve with us, so it's refreshing. She's been so willing to work with me and make accommodations for me, so that I don't have to drop the class. Thank goodness for her!! :)

I can't talk about the exciting potential opportunities just yet, but just know...they're EXCITING!!! :D

So after doing really well in the spring with counting calories, I lost a total of 21 pounds. That went out the window at some point this summer, perhaps right around the time of vacation. Boo!! :( Going out the window with it were my "skinny clothes." Sometime late this summer, Glenn ordered P90X, and I ordered Power 90. I started Power 90, not getting very far into it, and stopped just as fast. Glenn tried to get me to do P90X with him, so I did a couple of workouts with him. Then we both fell off the wagon for whatever reason...life, I guess.

For the past month or so, we've been trying to get back into it, and it just hasn't happened. I am not horribly motivated by P90X, so I told Glenn to go ahead without me. He was supposed to start this week, but it's Wednesday, and he hasn't started yet, though he promises he's going to today. I started running on Monday because that's what I love. If this boy hasn't done anything else for me (which he has!!!!!!!!), he's instilled a love for running in me. I ran my first road race last year, and I was hooked!! Anyway, I plan to run 5 - 6 days a week while counting calories again. I'm starting back on the couch to 5k running plan that I had been on previously, and I hope to be able to run straight for 30 minutes very soon!!! That's my first goal anyway. :)

Though this comment is a few weeks late, I'm just loving how the weather is finally starting to cool down!! Fall is such an exciting time because of the holidays and other fun things.

Well, I need to run, but I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment