Friday, October 1, 2010

That yucky feeling...

...was gall stones!! After a very expensive and unhelpful ER visit, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. He scheduled an abdominal ultrasound and an upper GI for that next Monday. Later that next week, after my tests, I got a call from my doctor's office informing me that I have gall stones and that they scheduled me an appointment with a general surgeon. YIKES!!!

I've never had surgery before, of any kind, so I was kind of freaking out!! After talking with tons and tons of people though (Who knew so many people are living without their gallbladder?!?!), I realized it's not that big of a deal. Sure, it affects everyone differently, but I'll be alright. I know my God won't deal me a card He know I can't handle. He promises us that!!

I decided not to meet with the surgeon and have my surgery done here in Montgomery but to have it done in Tallahassee, so my Mama can take care of me while I'm recuperating (sp?). I just met with the surgeon, Dr. Crooms, yesterday, and my surgery is scheduled for the Monday of Thanksgiving week. (I know I'm crazy, but I'm determined to still have turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving!!!)

Anyway, that's the craziness going on in my life right now. That and I'm about to begin my next class a week from Monday. It's Teaching Practicum, so I'll be observing and teaching a little bit. EEK!! I'm a little nervous about the teaching part. I know I taught in China, but I didn't teach with the knowledge I now have. I'm just worried I won't be able to successfully bring all of the ideas and concepts together in the classroom. I'm probably being paranoid as usual. Either way, pray for me!! :)

Looking forward to a weekend full of Glee (Glenn and I started watching season 1 a couple weeks ago, one disc at a time via Netflix.)!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment! Is there a way to get your comments emailed to you or to have an email alert sent when someone comments? I don't think to check my blog for comments because I didn't know if anyone actually reads it! :) Thanks so much for the prayers!! How are you, sweet friend??

    ReplyDelete