Sunday, August 29, 2010

A long overdue update!

Hey everyone!

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth! I have not updated since April, so I don't really know where to start!!

Well, Glenn and I celebrated our one year anniversary of dating on May 10th. We went to Six Flags on the 8th to celebrate and had such a fun day. We ended the evening at a Thai restaurant (Glenn's fave!!) for dinner before driving home. (I'll have to add pictures later...) On the 10th, our actual anniversary, we celebrated again by going to Mikata, a Japanese hibachi restaurant (our fave together). :)

The summer flew by apparently. Not a ton to speak of except for July!! The first two weeks of July were AWESOME!! The first week, my family and I were on vacation in Gatlinburg, and then the second week, I worked on Monday but then was gone the rest of the week to Fort Worth for the Premier Designs National Rally!! I began and ended my trip though with a visit with my bestie!! :) We went to a yogurt place (YUM-MEs!!), and then to a movie theater that is also a restaurant--literally, you eat dinner while you watch a movie--so cool!! :) Then after Rally, I got to spend the night with Rach again and got to visit Richland Hills, the largest coc in the country!! Loved it!!

Oh! Let me back up for a second. There is something to speak of in the month of June. June brought a car accident, one that totaled my Malibu!! :( I was rear-ended, and then I was pushed into the GMC rock-of-a-truck in front of me. The hitch from the truck in front of me tore up the front end of my car, causing the brunt of the damage. I went through a whole rigmarole with the two insurance companies (mine and the at-fault), and I finally worked out a settlement with my company and had enough to pay off the loan on my Malibu as well as have extra money to put down on a new (to me) car. I ended up getting a 2010 Hyundai Sonata, and I absolutely love it, perhaps more than my Malibu!! :) Get this...the lady who rear-ended me...she goes to Landmark! Ha! I actually saw her at church a couple of weeks ago. Weird!

Ok, so that brings me to the day I left for Fort Worth. Glenn drove me to the Montgomery airport from Opelika and drove my car back to O-town afterwards. He got about 3 stoplights away from our apartment complex, and he was...you guessed it...rear-ended...in my new, hadn't-even-had-it-a-full-three-days-car!!! Seriously????? I had to ask him three times if he was serious because I didn't believe him!! He felt horrible to have to tell me that. Luckily though, the car didn't suffer much damage. There was just a little bit of scratching/denting on the back fender. Finally got that fixed a week or two ago.

Sorry for bouncing back and forth...I just remembered I needed to share about the car accidents. :)

Ok, so July came and went super fast because of my two trips and being away from work for so long. So now we come to the beginning of this month. The first weekend brought the annual Farris family tubing trip. Each year, the weekend before the Jacksonville kiddos in the family (Dad's side) start school, a bunch of us go tubing down the Itchetucknee, in Lake City, FL. Glenn and I drove down for the weekend and enjoyed time with my fam, complete with the tubing trip on Saturday. :) And then, Sunday, on the way out of town, we stopped by Wendy and John's (friends from high school) house to pick up my new kitty, Jewel!! :)

Jewel is a trip! She's my first "on-my-own" pet AND my first cat. Let's just say I had NO IDEA kittens were so needy! She's sweet, but I actually think she's taken to my sweet man more than she's taken to me. It kinda hurts my feelings. :) Maybe she'll come around!

Work has never been as busy as it is for me right now. I was already busy before the faculty and students came back, but since they came back, I have felt like I'm drowning!! (Luckily today I was able to wean down my to-to list to just a few things, so I have a few minutes to finish this post that I started last night.)

I am in the sixth of twelve classes for my masters degree, so I'm almost half-way done! :) It's been a wild ride so far. My program is not a walk in the park, let me just say that! (I wasn't expecting it to be such, but still!!) But I really feel like, once I graduate, I'll be much more qualified to teach English to people who are learning it as a second (or third, or fourth...) language. The program has really opened my eyes and shown me just how unprepared I was to be in the second language classroom (in China)!! I hope to be able to go to graduation next summer and perhaps meet some of my classmates. My school is in SoCal after all!! :)

In Premier news, I've got a new jeweler, Kayla, who I'm very excited about! And she's got her own new jeweler, her aunt, Lisa. I'm so excited for these two ladies and what the Lord has in store for them and for their brand new businesses!! :)

I'm so excited for this holiday weekend (Labor Day) because Glenn and I are going to Houston again!! I'm so excited to see more of Houston and get to do more fun things - and to eat at Thai Cottage like a million times (it's only the best Thai restaurant known to man)!! :)

Well, I think that about wraps it up! Maybe it won't be another four months before I update again!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment