Friday, April 2, 2010

9 down, SOOO many more to go!!!!

Good morning, world!

I am in a pretty good mood this morning because I stepped on the scale and realized that I have lost NINE pounds!!! I started calorie counting 22 days ago, and after about two weeks, I lost 8 pounds. The weight loss has, obviously, slowed down a little bit, but that's ok. I know most of that first 8 pounds was water weight. I didn't even feel much different at all!! I still don't quite feel different, BUT I was soooo excited to see that my weight went down another pound this morning!! I have been waiting all week to drop down to that next pound, and it finally came! Halleluiah!! :)

I was over in the Education building yesterday for a few minutes and saw my good friend, Andi, and noticed just how tan she had gotten. I knew she went to the beach for a couple days the week of Faulkner's spring break (No. We didn't have that week off...and no. I don't want to talk about it!!), but she's gone another time since then too. I'm soooo jealous!! I really need to get some sun, and PRONTO!!! My skin is as white as a piece of paper--it's pretty ridiculous. I told Glenn that I think he and I need to make a beach trip soon (He's just as white as me...). I hope that happens...we'll see!

I'm so excited about the weekend plans! Well, tonight I have no idea what we'll be up to. But the rest of the weekend should be fantastic!! Tomorrow I will be traveling to Birmingham for my good friend, Jessi's lingerie shower. She and I lived about an hour and a half away from each other in China, and she's just really great! :)

And, of course, Sunday is Easter! We'll be going to Landmark, like usual, and then we'll head to Justin and Laura Velten's home for lunch and some good fellowship. I just love these two--they're so much fun!! And they're inviting a guy who teaches in the math department (He's single and doesn't have any family around here.), so Glenn will have someone to talk math with!! :)

This month is going to be a little crazy I think. Out of the four weekends, I have something going on three of them. Next weekend I'm working the ACT test, so that will be a super early morning for me...ugh!! I still have yet to see my check from the February 6th ACT testing date, by the way. Oh jeez!! The next weekend is the weekend I have free. Hopefully that will be a relaxing weekend. The last weekend of the month, it's back to Birmingham for me. I'm doing a jewelry party in Vestavia Hills on Saturday, and then I'll spend the night at Jessi's house. Jessi's church shower is that Sunday, so I'll get to be there for that. Whew! Busy, busy!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Good Friday (Oh, how I wish I had the day off like so many others!!) and a great Easter Sunday! :)

PS--I just have to add that I'm wearing today what Mrs. Pasley calls a "celebration" dress, in celebration of this loverly weather we're having! I may just have to post a pic later! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on losin 9 pounds! Thats pretty awesome!
    I just wanted to thank you for following my blog! It was such an encouragment to get on today and see I have a new follower! Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete