Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to the world of blogging ...

So, I haven't blogged post-China, but I guess I'm starting up again! :)


Let me do a quick "bring you up to speed" on my life post-China.

Move back to Montgomery. Check.
Acquire a full time job (Academic Secretary at Faulkner). Check.
Move two times in-city, due to roommates getting married. Check.
Become a Premier Designs jewelry lady. Check.
New (to me) car. Check.
Fantastical Boyfriend. Check. :)


That just about covers the basics in a nutshell.

The Lord has blessed me so much in the past 15 months since my return from China. He blessed me with a full time job with benefits--with the state of the economy, I am ever grateful for this!! He has blessed me with a means to bring in more income (Premier Designs--I earn 50% of everything I sell!!), so that I was able to purchase a new (to me) car and pay off debt. And he has blessed me with the most incredible boyfriend I could ever ask for.

Even through all this, I really miss China. It's not a constant longing, per se, but I do think of China often. I would really like to go back someday. As funny as it is for me to say, I really miss true, authentic Chinese food!! I'm a picky eater and quickly got tired of the few dishes I would actually eat, so that's really a big deal that I miss it!! :) I would love to run down to my old Muslim noodle place, at the bottom of the hill from my school and get some of the cold noodles (the Chinese name currently escapes me). I would love to go to the noodle shop (next to People's Square) with Zoe, Shelby, and Janelle. I would love to get some zhao zi too!! Oh China, how I miss you!!!

I think what I miss about China most of all are the friends and Family I left behind, both Chinese and American. They touched my life and my heart like none other. The strength and courage of my Chinese Family truly amazes and inspires me. I can't help but smile from ear to ear when I think back on all of the wonderful memories I treasure from my year in Shiyan.

So I guess my "Back to the world of blogging" blog is a tribute to my year in China.

Thank you, China, for how you changed me!! :)

*Priscilla*

No comments:

Post a Comment